Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pocket Pillowcases

One of my goals for 2012 is to give mostly handmade Christmas gifts. I had this goal last year as well, but didn't start until October-ish....whoops! This year the plan is to complete one gift/week.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I saw these great pocket pillowcases over at Just Another Hang Up and knew they'd be perfect for the girlies for Christmas. Both of my girls keep a crazy amount of extra "stuff" in their beds with them, so the pocket on these pillowcases would be the perfect spot to store some of those things. 


I had the hardest time picking out a fabric to use for A's pillowcase. I needed something would work well for a bigger kid, because by Christmas she'll be 8! I'm having a really hard time coming to terms with that. :)


I found the fabric for C's in the remnant bin at JoAnn's. I totally fell in love with the little jellyfish and mermaids! It was slightly less than the yard that the tutorial calls for, but it was close enough (.9 something or another) and worked great. 


Seriously, how cute are those jellyfish?!?!? 


7 comments:

  1. Love! You are so amazing. The fabric for C's pillow is adorable. Lily would love that too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my lovely lady! I'd never found such fun flannel before! :)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous fabric!!!! And what a neat idea to put pockets in pillowcases!

    I would love if you came over and linked this project to my weekly Round Tuit party at:
    http://jembellish.blogspot.com/
    Have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love that you're starting Christmas gifts already. Maybe I should too, it sure would make it less hectic.

    ReplyDelete